Friday, August 17, 2012

Just for Fun

Sometimes life gets really complicated.  Not only do we deal with everyday struggles, but we have this weird disorder to contend with.  I find myself looking at life through stormy glasses and the only thing that will pick me up is to find something to laugh about.

Thankfully, I have several friends that have the same type of humor as I do.  I was recently with one of these friends at our state fair and happened to notice a very strangely dressed individual.  All I had to do was look at my friend and we both burst into laughter.  Not so much because of the weird person, but that we had both noticed that the other had noticed.  Does that make sense?  Neither does most of the things we find funny.

Anyway!  Soon we will be changing our name from RLS (Restless Legs Syndrome) to WED (Willis-Ekbom Disease).  That is a serious move and it led me to think about other acronyms that could be used within the WED context. And that's as far as the seriousness went!

So here is a listing of some acronyms I came up with.  See what you think and come up with some others.  Let's have some fun with this but keep it clean!

ACE--advocates, concerned, educated  (that's us!)
BAD--barely acceptable doctors
DUH--deliberately uninformed humans
DUMB--deliberately uninformed media buffoons
CREEP--crazy, repulsive, erroneous, entertainment personalities
RANSOME--really annoying nonsensical snake oil medicines

What do you think?  Silly but true?  Did you laugh?  I hope so.  Laughter can help us survive just a little longer.  Pass it on!

Moon and Stars,
Kathy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, all the time i used to check website posts here early in the daylight,
because i like to learn more and more.

Here is my web-site - sian

Unknown said...

Inflammation is believed to be a key factor when it comes to Restless Legs Syndrome. A new study was published in the January 14, 2012 issue of "Sleep Medicine Review Journal" that supports this theory. You can read that study here:
http://www.rlcure.com/rls_study.pdf

You can view the results of other related scientific studies and learn about some helpful solutions at this RLS information website:
http://www.rlcure.com

A blog for RLS sufferers with helpful tips can be found here:
http://therestlesslegsblog.wordpress.com

An essential element is a proper diet that avoids as many inflammatory foods as possible. Unfortunately most of the good tasting foods are inflammatory.

MS Cure said...

Great site with rich informative contents. Thanks for the help.

Mikey Almas said...

From 2002 to 2019, I was battling this terrible disease called Diabetes, I couldn't afford so many things, as I was spending about 70% of my income on treating diabetes and liver problems. little did i know that my medications were the main cause of this issue. After spending tons of money nursing my diabetes, my wife’s friend messaged her on facebook, Sarah told her about the great herbalist Dr James,who uses herbs and roots extract to cure diseases that have been said to be incurable by drugs and injections from Nigeria in west A frica, my wife explained to Dr.James what’s going on with me, and Dr.James asked what i have been using, after my wife explained to him, he asked if i was having blurred vision, kidney issues or any other complications, my wife told him i had blurry vision and liver issues, and he confirmed that the medicines i have been using is the cause of the complications. That was when it occurred to me that my doctor had changed my medications 5 times within the space of 12 years. I took my time to read about the side effects of the medicine i was using, lo and behold, I was shocked.
After 2 days, we ordered Dr.James natural herbs cure for Diabetes treatments and he also gave some directives on what to do, in a 4 days time , the supplements arrived in the States, and my husband started using the herbal medicine in accordance with Dr.James directives. so my husband used the herbal medicine accordingly as he was told. After the completion of the treatment on the 4th week, with Dr.James herbal medicine, from 2019 till date, my husband has been feeding normally like everybody else. After I saw these changes in 2019, I told some people I know about Dr. James herbal mix medicine in west Africa , they used it and told others about it and the good news about Dr.James herbal healings keeps spreading.
As interesting as this is, Dr.James have has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B,RLS, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].